Convenience Store Manager
Opening Date: 2/17/2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Location: Window Rock, AZ
Navajo Nation Oil and Gas Company is in search of a highly motivated professional to fill the vacancy of Convenience Store Manager with our Window Rock, AZ Chevron Convenience Store.
The Store Manager is primarily responsible for the overall store operation and conditions by maximizing store’s profitability through sales of gasoline, diesel, and convenience products, expense control, inventory levels and shortage controls. Build and foster store personnel by effective recruitment, hire, train, and coach to develop performing team members (personnel). Demonstrate and coach high quality customer service. Maintain a clean and safe atmosphere. Interpret, communicate and enforce NNOGC Policies and Procedures. Represent NNOGC in a professional manner at all times in the presence of employees, vendors and customers.
The minimum qualifications include three (3) years of management experience in convenience store, retail or related field and have strong cash handling and customer service experience. The minimum education requirement is an Associate Degree in business, marketing, or related field.
Mandatory knowledge, skills, and abilities include, but not limited to:
- Knowledge in business management and accounting principles.
- Intermediate to advance PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, or similar applications).
- Ability to direct, plan, supervise by effective coach or mentor staff personnel.
- Ability to interpret, communicate and enforce NNOGC Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to exercise critical thinking, problem solve and make sound judgments.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal communications and team building skills.
- Ability to demonstrate time management skills.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in a written and/or verbally format.
- Ability to work unsupervised and flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and be available to respond to incidents and emergencies.
The essential duties, functions, and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day of the overall store operation and must be available afterhours, weekend and holidays.
- Demonstrate and coach staff personnel to provide a high quality customer services and ensure all customers receive the highest level of customer service and maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Direct and supervise of store personnel to enhance business and comply with NNOC Policies & Procedures. Hire, train and develop, motivate, coach and retain of store personnel.
- Interpret and communicate store goals and objectives, standard operating procedures and general information.
- Control and maintain satisfactory inventory levels. Meet or exceed budgetary goals, guidelines and objectives. Coordinate and evaluate inventory counts.
- Accurately tracks sales and price changes to control store accountability. Adheres to and communicates all cash handling procedures involving cash, credit cards, checks, and cash drops
- Properly and accurately accounts for all sales transactions. Accurately operates cash register, monitors fuel inventory and pricing and other operating equipment, including cooking equipment
- Review, analyze and initiate corrective action measures with cash over and short and monthly store inventory shrinkage. Provide adequate training to minimize or eliminate unacceptable practices and performance.
- Review, prepare and submit store reports and invoices in a timely manner.
- Review, prepare and submit applicable employment and payroll related documentation in a timely manner to Human Resource or Payroll.
- Verify and account for all inventory shipments and return items for credit, report and follow-through on any inventory not received and record accordingly or mis-orders.
- Keep store and kitchen clean, stocked and in first class condition at all times. Maintain high cleaning standards which include parking lot, restrooms, stockroom, equipment, landscape, manager’s office, and kitchen area.
- Follow company and operational policies and procedures, including compliance with state and local regulations with tobacco sales, cigarette sales, and junk food tax, if applicable.
- Follow procedure for ATM verification, secure pass code and be accountable for all cash and replenishment.
- Implement preventive safety procedures, maintain an accident free workplace, respond appropriately to emergency situations and report all accidents. Provide work or store safety training on a semi-annual basis to store personnel, including but not limited to food handling and food temperatures, fuel shut off valve, emergency evacuation procedures, emergency contact, etc.
- Follow the gas delivery procedures and complete Lead Testing according to applicable regulations and guidelines. Complete Veedor Root readings as required.
- Manage alternating shift work with the store Assistant Manager working a closing shift and a weekend once a month, if available.
- Properly and accurately account for all petty cash.
Navajo Nation Oil and Gas Company is headquartered in St. Michaels, AZ on the Navajo Reservation. Navajo/Indian Preference Employer. Employment application, cover letter, resume and required documents may be returned to NNOGC Human Resources, PO Box 4439, Window Rock AZ 86515. Employment is subject to pre-employee background checks, drug & alcohol and/or DOT D&A screening.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled